Do you often feel like you’ve depleted your energies even when you still have hours to spend at work? Follow these advices on how to replenish your energy reserves and get more things done.
- Adjust your sleeping pattern. With the typically busy Singaporean lifestyle, we usually leave little time for sleep – and that’s where the problem starts. Without at least 7 hours of sleep every day, our metabolism and cognition goes haywire and we can’t function at our best. So get more things done by getting your required zzzs.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Do you know that fatigue or a persistent feeling of tiredness may actually just be thirst? All the cells in our body use water and so we experience lethargy when we’re not adequately hydrated. Drink a cool glass of water for a quick boost in your energy.
- Take a short walk. Going out for a stroll when you’re already behind your schedule seems like a terrible advice, but a change in your physical activity may be exactly what you need to restart your system and get it optimized for work again.
- Don’t overexert yourself. If you’re trying to lose weight, then you probably know that diet and exercise are the keys to success. But too much of those may also lead you to failure. Keep in mind that your body has limitations: if you exert too much effort doing one thing, that will inevitably affect your performance at work.
- Keep calm and work on. Negative emotions like anger and anxiety cause stress, which zaps out energy, which leads to low productivity, which leads back to those same negative emotions. You have to deal with one of those factors at one point to stop the vicious cycle. Our advice: do some yoga.